i honestly don’t have an excuse
Under the Dog anime project directed by Masahiro Ando (Sword of the Stranger, Blast of Tempest, CANAAN)
"Under the Dog takes place in 2025 in Neo Tokyo, five years after a devastating terrorist attack at the Tokyo Olympics. In the wake of the tragedy, the U.N. formed a covert ops unit dedicating to seeking out, then eliminating those responsible for the attack. Anthea Kallenberg, a girl of Swedish descent is a member of this elite group who has honed her combat abilities and has become a deadly assassin, but must come to terms as to who she really is."
You guys like Fire Emblem? I’m supporting to nab another art book by Yuusuke Kozaki, who does the character designs for Fire Emblem Awakening, No More Heroes, Speed Grapher, etc. And also cuz this show looks neat! Let’s support the creators we love!
DAILY REMINDER TO SUPPORT UNDER THE DOG ON KICKSTARTER COME ON DO IT
i talk a lot of shit for someone who can’t choose rude dialogue options in games because i’m scared of hurting a characters feelings
WHENEVER FRIENDS POST COOL ART I AM LIKE
das a secret.
World / In Universe As is:
- 4 Continents: Vale, Vacuo, Mantle, Mistral
- 4 Schools: Beacon - Vale, Mantle - Atlas, Mistral - Haven, Vacuo — They didn’t say straight out. Oasis? Shade? The gist was something used to hide from the sun.
- We will at the very least be seeing Vacuo later - possibly going there as part of the story
- They again mentioned Menagerie, but didn’t specify quite what it was
- Sun’s team is pronounced as “SUN” - assuming “SSSN” is correct order
- Human / Faunus can breed together "Maybe we’ve already seen them" - Monty
- Faunus are not limited to just mammalian kinds. "There’s definitely a rarity to things" - Kerry
- "Sometimes faunus traits aren’t super apparent"
- "Is dust a limited resource?" - Possibly to become a plot point. Possibly hinted at in RWBY History lesson. Dust is definitely mined.
- How does Ruby’s weapon attach to her? - Magnets
- The Old Dust Guy is always happy
- Are semblances hereditary? “I think they can be similar” - Monty. Hinted at the representation of a semblance being influenced by your upbringing, perhaps
- Moon will be important at some point
- There are other types of schools besides those for hunters/huntresses. Hinting of them appearing at end of volume 2, possibly as police / military training, Hunter academies “cream of the crop”
- hazleapricot's take on Blake: “Obsessed with getting done what she wants to get done.”
- "Cinder is older than most of the kids we see on Team RWBY and at Beacon" - Miles. Still likened her to being like a senior in age — probably early 20’s?
- "Does religion exist in the world of RWBY?" — Yes, but it may or may not be discussed, may or may not be different from our world’s
- "Do other animal species have an aura?" - Yes
- Juane labeling his shoes is a totally canon thing
Notes about the Production
- Neptune was originally slated to be on a different team. He was swapped out with a different “N” so that he could be used now.
- Monty was inspired to come up with team combos from watching The Hobbit
- Juane’s symbol appears to be deliberately hidden from showing what it really is. Or they were fucking with us - Gray at least said that at some point, he saw it unobstructed and was surprised.
- Continent shapes — Monty squirted ketchup onto a napkin and bunched it up. Everything looking like dragons is a coincidence
- There will be another history lesson (Possibly another Q&A?) after Chapters 7 and 10. Each of these will be a break after a particular arc or section.
- They mentioned something about the “Inspiration for Weiss’ agility”, but then didn’t really continue the topic
- Kerry recorded Neptune before he did any recording for Palomo in RvB12
- Arryn guesses that Blake uses her cat ears for actual listening.
- It seemed like they haven’t 100% finalized a name for Cinder’s group. “CREM” may still be the right ballpark
- From what they said, there may be further Juane/Neptune interaction in the future. or maybe Kerry and Miles were just talking about trading spots in the booth.
- Original plan was to have 2 Volumes to a season, with a shorter break between. At this point, for all intents and purposes a volume IS THE SAME as a season.
- On Neo - “There came a need for Torchwick to have a right hand woman.” - Monty
- Production for Volume 2 began December 5, 2013
- Principal Animation for Volume 2 began in March (at the very least, that’s when the last of the animators came on board)
- On easter eggs: Dude with glasses on White Fang mask (“Keep looking for that” — not sure of meaning), and a “Free bird” / “Freebirds” guy
- From Dustin — There is added boob jiggle this season because they are now using an actual / new physics engine. from RAW, the results or ludicrous. They are working on toning it down.
- Daniel — Loves working in the sound of bowling pins striking (Ch. 1)
DVDs / Merch / Misc.
- Gray says that 1v1, Torchwick would beat Locus. He would not win against Locus and Felix working together.
- RTX 2014 RWBY panel likely included on BluRay extra features. Possibly also 2013 one.
- A lot of RT merchandise is currently on hold because of dock worker strikes on the west coast. This is why the Yang figurine came so late.
- So far 4 planned DVD commentary tracks for volume 4 - Creative Team, Animation team, Technical team, Cast
- Several Animators talked about wanting a Penny plush. Gray spoke several times about setting up a poll for desired Merch
Animation / Technical Team Brief intros and Stuff they’ve worked on
- Austin Hardwick — Lot of Penny stuff, Ch. 3 chase scene
- Dustin - Boardgame (Ch. 2), jiggle effects
- Harly / Harley - Weiss in dorm room (Ch. 2), Ch. 3 Neptune on balcony, Club scene Ch. 4
- Joel - Newest animator, worked Ch. 5 on so we haven’t seen his work yet
- Bill - Ch 1,3,4, crowd scene (Ch. 1 establishing shots), an upcoming “Girly Weiss scene”
- Joe - Cafeteria scene, possibly the White Fang rally?
- Ian: Ch 3,7,9,11, sequence inside the Communication Tower
- Jeff - Technical director, lighting with Gray
- Paco - Missed his role, sorry. At the very least, works with Jeff
- Cesar - kaisergeiser, 3d Modeler, Ozpin’s office, Tucson’s shop, works with Tim, Reed, Dennis
- Daniel - Editor, Sound designer
- Maggie - Production coordinator
- Alex - Renderer, modeling, helps Paco. Made Blake’s ribbon in Vol. 1
- Of course Patrick Rodriguez, but he wasn’t on the stream
Sasquatch, Godzilla, King Kong, Lochness, Goblin, Ghoul, a Zombie with no conscience
Question, what do all these things have in common?
Everybody knows I’m a motherfucking monster
old doodle I found in my files
I guess It was supposed to be a soft grunge rose but I don’t know why cats
A SUPER late gift for weissrabbit, our resident Beekeeper. Hope you enjoy these two dorks.
Big thank you and lots of love to amipiai, for the commission
this video is 1 second long. in one minute i could watch it 60 times. in 2 i could watch it 120. in an hour i could watch it 3,600 times. in a year i could watch it 31,536,00. in a decade - if i spend the next 10 years of my life watching this video - i could watch it 315532800 times. this is incredible. this video is my past present and future